OMEU protects and promotes the interests of Oregon Municipal Electric Utilities and their customers.
- Maintain local control for municipal electric utilities.
- Defend and enhance statutory and regulatory interests of municipal electric utilities to ensure least cost reliable power.
- Educate elected and appointed officials about state and federal legislative and regulatory issues impacting municipal electric utilities.
- Amplify the voice of public power on state issues that impact all consumer-owned utilities through collaboration with the following organizations:
- Stay connected with the following organizations to keep informed about issues impacting local government and public power to advance shared interests: